When talking about the eight principles of nonverbal communication the two that I find important and most prevalent in my small group experiences are the things we know lead to interpretation and the assignment of meaning, and culture norms and expectations guide our interpretations. The norms of people depend of which culture they are a part of and something seen as a problem in their eyes may not seem like a problem in person who is a part of a different culture. In my own experience, my high school had some Japanese exchange students, we were all a part of a group, and they were very non-conformational and apologized after every disagreement they had with the group. I found this strange but thinking back on it, it is how there society operates. When talking about the principle of the things we know lead to interpretation and the assignment of meaning I think of a time when I was in a group for a middle school project. We had someone who was very into telling long drawn out stories during meetings and people in the group became fidgety, like playing with their pen on doodling on their paper this meant they were disinterested of loosing attention.
No comments:
Post a Comment