A concept I would like to talk about that I found important was diversity. The importance of diversity is high because when taken advantage of, it can add new solutions to complex problems. Diversity in groups helps solving complex problems because members with diverse backgrounds have different insights on how to solve problems because they have a different upbringing. Diversity is difficult though because it can have a negative impact on the group if it is not dealt with properly. I think it is important and is something that needs to be learned to take advantage of because most groups now have some diverse background involved. Groups that take advantage of their diversity will be turning a possible negative of the group into a positive that will greatly add effectiveness to the entire group. I choose this term because I think it is important, and relevant. I also picked it because it is something that I observed in my group and saw how it can help solve complex problems
Hey,
ReplyDeleteI also find diversity to be very important because we need diversity to make life and the groups we are in more interesting. I most definitely agree with you that "diversity in groups helps solving complex problems because members with diverse backgrounds have different insights on how to solve problems because they have a different upbringing." I have noticed that when people come from different backgrounds and different lifestyles, because they think differently when put in a group, different people get to use their own ways to help solve problems and get the process tasks done at hand.
Great post overall!
~little miss daisy