- The four components to listening must all work together smoothly. If one element is not working then usually listening becomes difficult. An example of hearing becoming difficult for me is when I go to my business law class and the teacher is talking about a hole bunch of things that do not make sense to me. The most difficult part of this is I can not properly evaluate the information given to me because I am too busy trying to keep up and write notes on what the teacher is saying. Because all the terms are new to me and there are so many it is hard for me to form an opinion on the message the teacher is giving. This can be over come by coming to class with a recorder. I think if I first listen to the lecture and learn the definitions of terms and concepts and then go back and hear it again It will be easier for me to from an opinion on what is being presented.
I remember my business law class was the same way. The professor would give us a list of terms for every chapter, and quickly go over every term, and give an example. It was a good way for us to not have to look up, or read about every law term, but we faced the same problem as you did. We were all too busy trying to write down what he was saying, and it was difficult with him speaking so fast as if he was in a contest. I remember a lot of people started bringing recorders, or just using their iphones. There is an app for everything!
ReplyDelete