A forum, panel, colloquium, and symposium all have distinctive differences. A forum is a public discussion that the entire audience is involved with. A panel has four to eight participants that are experts on a topic and openly discuss that topic. A colloquium also experts that discuss a topic in front of an audience, but the colloquium is only three to six experts and there is also a moderator that facilitates their interaction. Lastly, the symposium deals with more difficult and complex problems and is disused in front of an audience through two to six speeches that focuses on specific aspects of the complex problem. When making a public a presentation I would prefer to do or listen to a forum. I would prefer a forum because nothing goes unsaid. If the audience has any questions about anything they can ask questions they have to make it clear. The only down side to a forum is that the dissicussion could get off topic. But when staying on topic, I think the forum is most effect because it gets every ones thoughts on the topic out in the open.
No comments:
Post a Comment