Saturday, February 19, 2011

chapter 5 post 3

I thought that part on conflict management was interesting. The point of the paragraph was show that conflict within small groups is inevitable but is good because it is a sign of creativity. It then goes on and offers ways to solve conflict within groups. Although different cultures see conflict in different ways defusing conflicts well is important to leaving a positive imprint on the group. Some conflicts can lead to upset members who take themselves out of the discussion, which would ultimately hurt the group. I thought this was important because almost every group that I have been a part of has had some disagreement to a certain degree. Knowing how to handle conflicts within a group is something that is important and is something that every member should be aware of. Being conscious about the group process is important and is something that will come in handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment