Saturday, February 12, 2011

post # 3 cohesion

Something I found interesting in chapter 3 was the part about cohesion. Cohesion in a group is “the degree which an individual member feels an attraction to the group” (pg. 48) Cohesion in a group shows how much a member feels important in the group. If a member feels like an important part of the team they will contribute more to the cause and put forth a better effort. A group that does not have cohesive group members will not exactly fail but the results do not tend to be as good as a group with solid cohesion. I agree with this because when I am in a group and feel like my position is something only I can do and I am bringing something to the group then I am more motivated to giving my best input for the group. I usually tend to give more effort and spend more time on the task. It is the opposite when I am in a group that does not really need me. I feel left and do not care much about the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment