Saturday, April 23, 2011

post #3 4/23

I thought an important concept to from chapter ten were the barriers to creativity. I think that these were more important than the cultural barriers of creativity because occur more often. The barriers listed are lack of self-confidence, fear of taking risk, feel a need to conform, do not feel we are in an environment that encourages creativity, or find ourselves locked into our habitual ways of looking at the world. The three most common of these that happen that I see happen the most, or that I face are lack of self-confidence, fear of taking risks, and being locked in habitual ways. In addition, every group that I am in that lacks creativity is because of one of this reason. Reason that people fall in to this happening are failed attempts. You are in a group and try to be creative, but it fails and all the heat comes down on you for suggesting it, next time you are in a situation like this you don’t mention a creative way because you are afraid of taking a risk,  and have no confidence. It is important to push failed attempts out of mind and keep trying until it works out.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Chim Richards, I thought that your third post of the week was really interesting and had a lot of really good points. I agree fully that all of these barriers are really insightful when it comes to creativity. I would not think that all of these different types of barriers existed unless I had read the text. You gave a lot of good examples of cultural barriers and I feel that I have encountered several of these growing up. I thought your points on creativity were right on and it seems to you like the big issue is confidence and I could not agree more.

    ReplyDelete