Concept of “white men of privilege” talks about how the majority of the economic, social, and political power lies in the upper to middle upper class white male. (pg. 83) this is important in a lot aspects but main importance is that it makes it unfair in the job area for people with diverse backgrounds and often offers “different employment experiences”. I do not really agree with the concept but I do not know how much creditability I have. For one I have never had a real job that I had to interview for and I am not a minority. The way I see it though is that everyone has a fair chance to get a job. If you have a well prepared resume and know how to interview you have just as good as a chance as the next guy. I am not going to say it never happens but for every time an employer picks someone because there race it happens for both sides.
I agree with your stance on the topic. I think that people with limited experience or contacts should not be limited at all in their life, but I think that when people or companies choose people based off of the wrong reasons they are only setting themselves up for failure. Choosing people based on their status is not a responsible or professional choice, so I feel that I would prefer to not associate myself with those people anyways.
ReplyDelete